Thursday, June 17, 2010

If...

If a ladder to the sky I climbed
          And poked my head through the clouds
Would I see charmed fairylands
          Or would I hear beauteous thunder aloud?

If into a churning sea grey I dived
          And to its sandy bottom did shoot
Would I see a pearl, perfect and white
          Or would I find lost treasures’ loot?

If I along a rainbow to its end walked
          And to its fabled roots reached
Will the ground be of misty colours seven
          Or would I have a pot of gold breached?

A child – I oft for the answers searched
          So would I, am sure, as a lady old.
Beautiful riddles they would remain
          Tales so often and so incompletely told!

1 comment:

  1. Good one...reminds me of all the good times spent day-dreaming! :P

    ReplyDelete